Sunday, February 27, 2011

What He Said, What She Sang

Realizing that last week's post was not very happy, I thought I might begin with this pleasant video....



This video was flagged. YouTube: "This content may contain material flagged by YouTube's user community that may be inappropriate for some users." Why? What is inappropriate about this? There isn't any violence or sex of any kind! I suspect some un-Christian-like Christian flagged this, but I suppose another sort of narrow-minded, intolerant bigot might have flagged it. It must have been flagged because it promotes "apple butter on a biscuit."

Sometimes, it is hard to remember that the small-minded, thoughtless, rude, and cruel people of this world do not really matter in the long-term of life.  It is hard to remember that they don't matter in the long-term of life because, in the current short-term of my life--right now--they are threatening my way of life: no pension, reduced pay, curbed freedom of speech (e.g., no tenure), no right to choice (e.g., an under-developed fetus is more important than a woman's life).  It's all a bunch of ballyhoo, based upon mis-guided thoughts thriving upon mis-information.  (For example, see "The Wisconsin Lie Exposed--Taxpayers Actually Contribute Nothing to Public Employee Pensions" for an explanation of how the Tea Partying politicians are thriving upon out-right lying.)  It is at times like these that I feel closed-in, and so low that I think that there is no hope.  I'm being unrealistic, of course.  Life isn't THAT desperate!




I haven't hit bottom--just a valley in the bumpy terrain of life--that's my happy thought for the day.   It's time to get angry, yes, but it is also time to get foolish.


No comments:

Post a Comment